Gloucester Marine Genomics Institute (GMGI) addresses critical challenges facing our oceans, human health and the environment through innovative scientific research and education. By bringing world-class science and transformative workforce development to Gloucester’s historic waterfront, GMGI is catalyzing the regional economy.
Founded in 2013, a strategy triad guides our work and includes: a state-of-the-art research institute where we conduct marine research powered by genomics; the Gloucester Biotechnology Academy (Academy), a hands-on vocational program which trains young adults to become biotech and biomanufacturing lab technicians; and our science community, expanding the local economy as we build a vibrant science hub on Cape Ann. GMGI is in a high-growth mode with a fantastic team ready to lead the organization into its next chapter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide general bookkeeping support important to the successful day to day operations of the accounting department.
· Manage collection of and enter vendor invoices and prepare all required documents for check runs
· Deposit checks and prepare all required documentation for entry into accounting system
· Monthly credit card reconciliation and entry into accounting system for payment
· Monitor bank account balances to ensure sufficient available cash
· Assist in creation of customer invoices
· Assist with Month End reporting / tasks
· Other duties as assigned